I am pleased to announce the 2011 Call to Serve Initiative’s Effective Hiring Workshop (EHW) Series, “Hiring Manager and HR Collaboration: Making it Work!” The Call to Serve Initiative was created in 2002 and is sponsored by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Partnership for Public Service (the Partnership). For more information, please see http://ourpublicservice.org/OPS/programs/calltoserve/.
The workshops are intended for HR practitioners, recruiters, and staffing specialists responsible for developing and administering recruitment and staffing programs. Attendees will participate in lectures, panel discussions, best-practice presentations, and small-group exercises geared toward enhancing agency recruitment programs and hiring processes. In addition, this year we will use the materials and ideas developed by this series to create tools, job aids, and learning modules to assist in building collaborative relationships. Each of these workshops will be repeated as webinars to reach field locations.
Registration to participate in the Series is limited and we are able to send the invitation for each workshop only to one Point of Contact (POC) representing your agency. We are requesting your POC invite the appropriate representative (or representatives if space permits) to each workshop. Please email your agency POC’s name, title, telephone number and email address to OPM’s Carly Wobig at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2011.
The 2011 Effective Hiring Workshops Series includes:
- Building the Foundation for Manager and HR Collaboration (February 24, 2011 )
- Down the Hall or Across the Country: Succeeding in a Modern HR Environment (March 17, 2011)/ Webinar (April 21, 2011)
- Whose Job is it Anyway? Roles and Responsibilities in Job Analysis and Assessment (May 12, 2011)/ Webinar (June 14, 2011)
- SMEs to the Rescue! (July 12, 2011)/ Webinar (August 9, 2011)
- Proving Your HR/Hiring Manager Collaboration is Improving (October 11, 2011)/ Webinar (November 15, 2011)
- Maintaining the Collaboration Through Transition and Change (December 1, 2011)/ Workshop and Conference Call
For additional information about the Effective Hiring Workshop Series, please contact OPM’s Carly Wobig at email@example.com or the Partnership’s Erin Creasy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are counting on your continued leadership in this important endeavor and look forward to your agency’s participation in these workshops.
cc: Human Resources Directors