This memorandum provides further guidance to the original Time-to-Hire Reporting Requirements memo, issued on April 19, 2011. Agencies will continue to support the Presidential memo issued on May 11, 2010, entitled, Improving the Federal Recruitment and Hiring Process. In that memo, President Barack Obama directed Federal agencies to measure the quality and speed of the hiring process. To support this requirement and ensure consistency in our reporting, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) will continue to collect time-to-hire data.
Outlined below are the updated requirements for measuring and reporting time-to-hire starting in FY 2014.
Reporting Requirements for FY 2014 and beyond:
• Agencies will report on all hires where the Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) was posted on USAJOBS, which includes all Delegated Examining (DE) hires;
• Agencies will report Time-to-Hire (T2H) on an annual basis by December 31;
• The annual report will provide T2H data for each quarter of the fiscal year it is covering, as well as a fiscal year total; and
• T2H data will be submitted on the attached chart and sent to email@example.com
Reporting Time-to-Hire Results:
• Report on agency-wide time to hire;
• Report on governmentwide Mission Critical Occupations (MCO) (Human Resources, Information Technology/Cybersecurity, Acquisition, Economist, Auditor and SES/Equivalent) and on agency-specific MCOs;
• Report on agency-specific Commonly Filled Positions; and
• Measure time-to-hire in calendar days as outlined in the End-to-End Hiring Roadmap
o Average number of days per hire.
Consistent with the President’s memo, agencies are expected to set specific targets for measuring success in their efforts to reduce the time it takes hire employees. Working with the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB), OPM will monitor agency progress in significantly reducing time-to-hire. Agencies will also be encouraged to report and monitor time-to-hire on a quarterly basis as part of their HRStat process as requested by OMB.
If you or your staff have any questions or need assistance, please call or e-mail Shanaz Porter, Group Manager, Forecasting & Methods, at (202) 606-1005 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attachments: T2H Chart
cc: Deputy Chief Human Capital Officers
Human Resources Directors