Back to Top

CHIEF HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICERS

Implementing Policy Guidance for the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act

On August 7, 2015, the President signed the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, P.L.

Coping with Severe Heat and Humidity

As we experience severe heat and humidity this summer, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is partnering with the U.S.

Fiscal Year 2016 Federal Executive Board Network Annual Report

It is my pleasure to share with you the enclosed Fiscal Year 2016 Federal Executive Board Network Annual Report. 

Issuance of Weather and Safety Leave Regulations

The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is pleased to announce the issuance of its final regulations to implement the weather and safety leave provisions of the Administrative Leave Act of 2016 (Act), enacted under section 1138 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 (Public Law 114-328, 130 Stat.

National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, Saturday April 27, 2019 Federal Prescription Drug Take Back Day, Wednesday April 24, 2019

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, in partnership with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and the Office of National Drug Control Policy, invites the public to participate in the 17th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, April 27, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Guidance on Recruitment, Relocation, and Retention Incentives

The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is issuing this guidance on the use of recruitment, relocation, and retention incentives (3Rs) during calendar year 2016.  This guidance will continue to remain in effect until further notice. 

National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, April 29, 2017

The Drug Enforcement Administration in partnership with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and the Office of National Drug Control Policy, urges all federal employees and their friends and families to participate in the National Prescription Drug “Take-Back” Day on Saturday, April 29, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.  Individuals wishing to dispose of their medications safely and anonymously can find a collection location at:  www.DEAdiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback.

Policy guidance on Career and Career-Conditional Employment

On November 8, 2016, The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) issued final regulations at FR 78497 for 5 CFR 315, Subpart B on Career and Career-Conditional Employment.

2015 Update - Revising the Human Capital, Reviews, and Reporting Framework

On May 13, 2014, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) issued an update on efforts being taken to focus human resources planning, reporting, and management to improve Federal agency performance and productivity.  This memorandum outlines the current status of these efforts including pending regulatory changes, HRStat, and Human Capital Reporting consolidation.

 

Disabled Veteran Leave

I am pleased to announce that the U.S.

Implementing Policy Guidance for 5 U.S.C. 3322 – Voluntary Separation Before Resolution of Personnel Investigation

Section 1140 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 amended title 5 by adding a new section 3322, Voluntary Separation Before Resolution of Personnel Investigation https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2016-title5/pdf/USCODE-2016-title5-partIII-sub

Fiscal Year 2018 Federal Executive Board National Network Annual Report

It is my pleasure to share with you the attached Fiscal Year 2018 Federal Executive Board National Network Annual Report. 

Request for Data on Student Loan Repayments

Agencies must submit an annual written report to the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) on their use of student loan repayments during the previous calendar year (CY) as required by 5 U.S.C. 5379(h). OPM requests your CY 2015 agency student loan repayment report by March 31, 2016

Human Resources Flexibilities for Severe Weather, Natural Disaster, and other Emergency Situations

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts a near-normal hurricane season (June 1 through November 30) across the Atlantic basin, but notes that predicting storms this season is particularly difficult. Though NOAA forecasted that a near-normal season is likely (45 percent), there is also a 30 percent chance of an above-normal season, and a 25 percent chance of a below-normal season.

Noncompetitive Appointment of Certain Military Spouses – Change in eligibility for relocating spouses

On December 23, 2016, the President signed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 (NDAA).  Section 1131 of the NDAA amends section 3330d(c) of title 5, United States Code, by specifying that there will be no time limitation on eligibility for relocating spouses of the Armed Forces.  Under the amended statute, a relocating spouse of a member of the Armed Forces remains eligible for noncompetitive appointment under this section for the duration of the spouse’

Direct Hire Authority for Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Cybersecurity Positions

The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is aware that individuals with the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and cybersecurity occupations are in heavy demand and that this demand could, perhaps, be affecting mission critical functions.

Impact of WMATA Platform Improvement Project on Washington, DC, Area Federal Employees

The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) will begin its Platform Improvement Project (Project) this summer.  The Project will require the complete shutdown of six blue and yellow line stations (Braddock Road, King Street, Eisenhower Ave, Huntington, Van Dorn Street, and Franconia-Springfield) for platform reconstruction from May 25, 2019 to September 8, 2019.  

Fiscal Year 2015 Federal Executive Board National Network Annual Report

It is my pleasure to share with you the attached Fiscal Year 2015 Federal Executive Board National Network Annual Report. 

Human Resources Flexibilities for Hurricane Harvey and its Aftermath

On Friday, August 25, 2017, President Donald Trump issued a major disaster declaration as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas.  As the President stated, “our highest priority is the safety of the public and of first responders.” At this time, the U.S.

Implementation of Volunteerism in the Combined Federal Campaign

Over the past 56 years, Federal employees and members of the uniformed service have pledged more than $8.3 billion to charitable organizations locally and around the world through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Starting with the 2017 campaign, Executive Order 13743 expands the CFC program by permitting Federal, Postal and military personnel to pledge both monetarily and through volunteer time to CFC charities.

Pages

Subscribe to CHIEF HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICERS